Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waiting on the web

Ok so here a few links to keep your minds entertained.

A commencment speech done by Steve Jobs. Inspiring. Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish.

Some of these waitress secrets  do not apply to my restaurant but this one is so true: "13. Use your waiter’s name. When I say, “Hi, my name is JR, and I’ll be taking care of you,” it’s great when you say, “Hi, JR. How are you doing tonight?” Then, the next time you go in, ask for that waiter. He may not remember you, but if you requested him, he’s going to give you really special service."

Check or Carry? A really interesting site, that uses music to help people get past their emotional baggage.

Funny graphic on how to be a good customer. Seriously?! Five minutes before close is not ok!

Wow! I want to work at that restaurant. I would never, ever spend that much money on food.

What if your favorite movie was turned into a movie about waiters?

Tipping is not black and white many people have questions about it. My favorite learned thing of the day "A good friend of mine, who is a waitress, gave me this advice: for great service, leave a tip plus a penny" now I know why I always have random pennies on the table! Q&A's are great ways to learn what you don't know.



Have you come across any great websites this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment